The Christmas story is the ultimate story. The word ultimate means that it’s the best. There isn’t any story that’s better. In this one tale, we read about the greatest power, the greatest revelation, the greatest victory, and the greatest gift ever known to mankind. By far, it is the greatest love story that was ever recorded in all of human history. The birth of the Babe of Bethlehem is an impossible story that was made possible by the power of God. We also see God’s guidance, mercy, and protection. Below are six points that are clearly evident in this wonderful story.
1. GOD LOVES US. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
2. GOD CARES FOR US. What is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him? Psalm 8:4 NASB
3. GOD IS WITH US. Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] Hebrews 13:5AMPC
4. ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD. And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Luke 18:27
5. GOD GIVES US STRENGTH WHEN WE ARE INCAPABLE. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29NIV
6. No matter what we’re facing in life if we’ll FOLLOW GOD’S LEADING, He will cause us to come out on top. “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ.” 2 Corinthians 2:14NKJV
The Christmas story is meant to bring hope to all mankind. Within it is contained salvation, healing, protection, and provision. The same God of the Christmas story is with us each and every day of the year.
And that is cause for great rejoicing!
“FAITH NUGGET” - THE WORD of FAITH 12/2016 By Kenneth Hagin Ministries